When handling sensitive issues and topics of global security, organizational barriers can hinder the efficiency of sharing information. Combined with the increased stress that crisis situations bring, critical non-verbal communication such as physical and facial gestures are extremely important to confirming that information is conveyed meticulously to decision makers.
Military and Armed Forces provide an ever-widening array of services around the world. Polycom solutions help them prepare and coordinate easier, reducing response times to emergencies such as environmental crisis, natural disasters, health hazards and security threats.
Polycom’s RealPresence platform provides fully unified C4I (Command, Control, Communications, Computer and Intelligence) and mobile communications which help expedite the decision-making process when domestic and international crisis occur. Agencies use collaborative video conferencing and this infrastructure to improve preparation and response capabilities, enhance productivity, reduce travel and connect families and friends with deployed soldiers around the world.
Agencies deploy collaborative communication solutions to expand services to citizens by:
- Renovating rural health clinics serving rural populations and communities.
- Expanding home treatment efficiency and telemental health programs.
- Enhancing emergency response abilities to increase public safety and secure the homeland.
- Increase education and outreach to communities.
- Implementing telework programs to minimize energy consumption and carbon emissions.