Kalahari Resorts & ConventionsKalahari’s Pocono Mountain Resort is the largest indoor waterpark in America
About Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
The new Pocono resort would be the third location for Kalahari. Previously, each location utilized separate architects and regional providers for all of their technology solutions requirements, which included different providers for audio/visual (A/V), network, and security needs, to name a few. In addition to the obvious complications in managing a network of vendors, Kalahari was also presented with an arduous bidding and evaluation
process for vendors and suppliers of the new facility.
The project would require meticulous coordination and oversight. In addition, the initial phase of construction would only be the first of three. The entire resort was planned to be built in stages to allow for the initial opening of the waterpark resort. Then two subsequent phases of expansions would conclude the entire construction.
• Handling the install of the resort’s networking equipment, which was the core of the
• Outfitting the convention center and meeting rooms with projection, presentation,
and high-end audio systems
• Integrating 9 meeting rooms and 8 salons that make up a ballroom
• Digital signage throughout the property
• Digital menu boards in the eleven restaurants and bars
• Digital wayfinding room signs, which serve as custom signs to display room function
• Local cable television distribution, free to all hotel room guests, the eleven restaurants and bars
• Resort bars setup to support satellite DIRECTV, sports programming
• Security system with 500+ cameras and monitoring office
• A distributed antenna system (DAS)
• Wireless Access Points across property for guest internet access
• Comprehensive voice and data solution for the entire property
• A SVSi (AVoIP) video and audio distribution system including products from Samsung, JBL and Biamp
• An audio system that can be completely controlled and distributed over IP, enabling
routing of audio to any and all zones
Solutionz designed and documented each individual technology system and prepared RFPs for distribution to vendors for bid on behalf of Kalahari Resorts. Solutionz then took on the responsibility of managing the bid process, de-scoping and leveling the bids for all related technology vendors to ensure the best fit for Kalahari. Solutionz looked at the elements of each separate prop
Kalahari Resort Project At A Glance
- 900 Rooms & Suites
- 110,000 SQ FT Convention Space
- 220,000 SQ FT Water Park
- 5 Retail Stores
- 9 Restaurants & bars
- Full Service Spa
- Full Service Fitness Center
- Zip Line & Outdoor Ropes Course
The first phase of the resort’s public opening was completed and opened in July of 2015. The public was able to start enjoying the luxury amenities of the hotel, the massive indoor waterpark, convention center and meeting rooms, the expansive main lobby, restaurants and bars for the start of the summer season in the Poconos.
Following the first phase and opening, the transition from construction to operation was seamlessly passed along to Kalahari. Since their entire facility utilized next-generation
A/VoIP, the technology allows the distribution side to be supported by a traditional IT manager. This eliminated the need for any sort of specialty knowledge to operate the
entire system, and a regular IT team could easily operate the facility.
Solutionz continued to oversee the project through the ultimate completion, as the resort tackled two additional phases of construction. The second phase, opened in early 2017, encompasses a second complete hotel tower, the addition of more restaurants, and doubled the waterpark space for the resort.
Upon completion, Kalahari’s Pocono Mountain Resort is the largest indoor waterpark in America. This new resort in the Pennsylvania Pocono Mountains revolutionized the
construction process of new resorts for Kalahari.