Today’s incoming freshmen are typically more accustomed to using technology compared to student bodies ten years ago. An estimated 62% of students believe that digital learning technologies increase engagement with course material.As campuses welcome now technologically accustomed students, it is no surprise that interactive boards and displays should play a role in enhancing academic environments.
Unlike predecessors, interactive displays can cater lessons for various learning styles. By enabling hands-on interactivity, modern displays help create accessible lessons for kinesthetic learners, who currently make up almost 45% of the population. Moreover, engaging visual aids have been shown to increase student achievement by 26%. While many different technologies can be used to connect students and faculty, interactive displays offer unique benefits such as:
- Support for hybrid teaching and gamification
- Wireless content sharing for easy setup
- Inclusive lessons for different learning types
- Hands-on collaboration for the whole classroom
- Accessible learning for persons experiencing a disability
- Leveraging online resources on the spot
- Integration of familiar mobile technologies with ease
What to look for in an interactive display:
Although there are many display options currently available, there are a few features to consider integrating within your solution:
1. Responsive touchscreen to engage students without constraints. Multi-touch displays go a step further by allowing students and faculty to use the board at the same time.
2. Flexible connectivity to pair devices with and without extensively pausing lessons. Front connectors allow easy access for professors to quickly connect and disconnect devices without IT interference.
3. Integrated security to protect data and prevent class disruptions. Lock screen measures can also help support security measures on campus when professors aren’t present.
4. An adaptable management plan to ensure displays are prepped and ready around the clock. While hardware may be equipped with monitoring applications, working alongside a committed team can further alleviate your IT team with remote troubleshooting and tech support.
See how our partnership with LG can empower your campus. Learn More.
As technology continues to mature, academic centers within higher education are expected to adapt and lead the charge in modernization. Contact our teams to see how you can integrate versatile interactive technologies made for higher education in your facility.